In keeping with the dry month which June was offering us the weekend spent in and around Lochinver was a very good choice.
The full group and The Old Man (a Fay ‘run-in’).
Members variously undertook seven walks, at least, in the three days available.
- Early Friday arrivees walked the 6km Glencanisp / River Inver round which is very recommendable.
- Or, walked round the new interpretation done at Knockan Crag which shows the famous geological thrust faults.
- Friday evening we were walking round the Culag Wood, which invites more investigation in the future.
- Saturday morning all mustered to walk from Stoer lighthouse to the Old Man. As always interesting and windswept. But dry.
- Saturday afternoon a simple coffee shop visit along the River Inverkirkaig turned into a good spotting exercise.
- Early Sunday we had a stroll over Achmelvich beach, the rocks and the machair.
- Sunday morning we undertook a bigger walk into Glen Allt nan Uamh to see the Bone Caves – and much more.
By Sunday afternoon a full weekend was declared. Life resumed its normal demands.
Friday afternoon, Glencanisp / River Inver round, click image below.
Friday Afternoon, Knockan Crag Geopark Interpretation Centre, below.
Friday Evening – walk through Culag Wood after dinner.
Saturday, a walk to The Old Man of Stoer.
Returning from The Old Man, a visit to Akins Bookshop
Early Sunday morning visit to Achmelvich beach.
Sunday morning walk up to Inchnadamph Bone Caves.
A Ring Ouzel filmed by Russell. The delayed start is known about – we’re working on that …..
If you wish to add correct, or proper, names please contact us.